Writing blogs is an excellent way to reach out to your audience, share your knowledge, and keep your website relevant to both your audience and search engines.
However, every blogger eventually hits a wall and when it comes to generating new ideas. We write blogs every other week, and we haven't run out of ideas yet, so we thought we'd share the ways we come up with ideas. Enthusiasm in writing is important because the success of writing blogs depends on producing consist high-quality and engaging content.
How do you come up with new ideas for writing blogs?
1. Subscribe to blogs from people you admire. We follow posts from people who are way smarter than us (and believe us, there's a lot of those folks out there). Following leaders in your industry is always a good source of inspiration. Many do their own research which can influence what you write about.
2. Conduct Your Own Research: Market research can provide you with insights into what your readers want to know and what topics they are interested in. Look at your blog’s data and analytics to determine the most popular blog posts. Consider conducting surveys or polls as well to collect feedback directly from your audience.
3. Explore trending topics: Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and news in your industry. Look for emerging topics or popular discussions you can provide insights on. This helps keep your content relevant.
4. Conduct keyword research: Find an SEO professional who uses tools like Google Keyword Planner or other SEO research tools to identify popular keywords and search queries related to your industry. Those keywords can inspire blog post ideas and also help optimize your content for search engine visibility. We wrote a blog based on both keyword research and the questions people ask about web design companies.
5. Draw from personal experiences: Share your personal stories, anecdotes, or lessons learned. Readers always appreciate personal perspectives, so reflect on your own experiences and see how they can be transformed into engaging and informative blog posts.
6. Brainstorm: It's a great way to generate a lot of ideas in a short amount of time. Gather a team and start brainstorming sessions regularly. Choose a topic and begin to generate as many ideas as possible. No idea should be discarded during this process, as some of the craziest ideas can end up being the best.
7. Re-purpose Existing Content: If you've been blogging for a while, you probably have a ton of content on your website. Re-purposing existing content means you can take that old content and give it a new look or take a fresh angle on the topic. This new form of content could be an infographic, social media posts, an explainer video, or podcasts. You can also find your top-performing content and reproduce it in a new format. We recently reworked this blog about content creation from an older post.
8. Collaborate with Others: Collaborating with other experts in your niche is an excellent way to generate new ideas for blog writing. Invite guest writers to your blog or interview experts in your niche. Networking with others could inspire and spark new ideas for you to write about.
The best way to keep your blog fresh is by generating new ideas consistently.
Whether you're brainstorming with a team, reading other blogs, or conducting market research, there are many ways you can gather new ideas for writing blogs.
By staying on top of industry trends, re-purposing existing content, tracking your ideas, and collaborating with others, you'll be able to generate a steady supply of fresh ideas. So start implementing these tips today, and your blog will never run out of steam!