A rating website called SocialAppsHQ has selected Sevell + Sevell as a top SEO company in Columbus for 2023. SocialAppsHQ is a platform that consolidates a companies marketing needs, including email marketing, social media and SEO.
They select companies for their Top SEO Company list from social media research, and whether companies have social media posts offering SEO recommendations. Of course, they also check out the websites of each company they list on their website to confirm they're qualified SEO agencies.
A little background on how we were selected as a top SEO company
SocialAppsHQ has been around since 2011 reviewing companies to include on their curated list of top SEO companies. They look at case studies, reviews, social media mention and posts, as well as company websites to determine which ones might be worthy of appearing on their short list.
To get people to their website, they focus on:
- Companies using SEO for Google search,
- Agencies that use good SEO in their own websites,
- Companies that create quality content that readers enjoy and learn from,
- If the agency's blog posts answer user queries, and
- The quality of a company's posts on social media
According to SocialAppsHQ, their website receives 50,000+ visitors a month, so the companies listed on their "Top 10 List of SEO Companies" can potentially get a lot of exposure.
Shout out to Kow Abundant for SEO support
To be fair, a lot of our success in the SEO world is due to our long-running relationship with Kow Abundant, run by Ted Bigham.
While Sevell + Sevell lives in both the SEO and web design world, websites are our main focus. So we've looked to Kow Abundant for a lot of SEO support to supplement our SEO knowledge.
Ted Bigham has a lot of expertise to share. Here's some excerpts from our conversations with HIm
- Q: Ted, why are analytics and market research so important?
- A: Proper analytics help businesses better understand their customers needs. By tracking key metrics and KPI's we can understand how to make websites better with better user experience and ultimately deliver an easier lead process for businesses.
- Q: What's an example of a key metric or KPI?
- A: Key metrics are informational data such as number of pages per visit to your website, social media likes, number of shares, and most importantly, who contacted you. KPI or Key Performance Indicators, generally focus on conversions or leads. Conversion tracking is an essential part of analytics for small businesses. The best KPI's are ones that directly lead to sales, this could be filling out a lead gen form, a phone call, or some other key action on your website that is tracked which we are able to do and monitor. Over time, tracking these KPI's lead to business discoveries that help owners make smarter decisions about what works for their business online.
- Q: Tell us about how analytics help smaller companies.
- A: Analytics aren't just for large corporations; it is an essential tool for small businesses to level the playing field and achieve their full potential. In the data-driven world of today, small businesses that ignore their analytics are missing out on a crucial opportunity to grow and succeed. It's critical to embrace the power of analytics to transform your small business from just a passion project into a data-driven powerhouse. Small businesses that consistently track and analyze their performance are better equipped to make informed decisions, identify growth opportunities, and navigate challenges effectively. Leverage analytics to gain a deeper understanding of your customers, optimize your marketing strategies, and maximize your return on investment (ROI).
When you're looking for SEO experience, look to us
Working with an inexperienced SEO company won't get you off to a good start. Once you make the decision to incorporate SEO and SEM into your website, look for a company that has a proven track record. When you're ready to learn more, drop us an email.