Getting your audience's attention in 5 seconds or less.
Industry: Home Builders
Treplus Communities offers high-end apartment rentals, opposed to home for sale. We wanted to create a 55 plus community ad that was unlike other home builder ads.
The visuals for most builder ads focus on either:
- The interior or exterior of the home, or
- People reflective of their audience.
Our goal was to develop an ad series so the main visuals were noticeably different than those “standard” images. Images that would stand apart – not only from other builder’s ads – but be unique enough to get noticed in the 5 seconds you have to get someone’s attention in an ad.
The 55 plus community ad is based around memories people over 55 would have.
Those would be memories that someone in their 30s or 40s wouldn’t have. Images of events, or things, that happened in the years between 1950 and 1980. Each ad focuses on an event that happened the month the ad runs.
- For August, the visual is representative of Woodstock (since Woodstock images are copyrighted)
- For March, it’s an ad about the invention of Silly Putty
- For February, the image is representative of the first time The Beatles came to the U.S. (again, because images of the Beatles are copyrighted)
With this approach, the series has a lifespan of a year or more, because there’s an abundance of events, inventions and milestones that have occurred every month between 1950 and 1980. The 55 plus community ad shown here focuses on a group of friends in 1969, and today. So if people can remember things in 1969, they're the audience for Treplus Communities.